Many BU services do not require to use VPN: Blackboard, BUworks, Office 365, OneDrive, SharePoint.
Most services now require Duo Two Factor Authentication:
- Set up Duo Two Factor Authentication using one or several phones.
- Use the Manage Devices feature to add/remove the devices that Duo can use to confirm your identity.
- You can setup call forwarding on your office phone.
- You can forward your voice messages to your email
- You can setup a shared (front desk) number to be accessible by multiple users
- Cisco Jabber Softphones (for call centers only)
To access UIS/Galaxy remotely you need to be connected to the two-factor VPN, and then access a terminal emulator. Host on Demand terminal emulator can be accessed from your web browser. Other emulators, such as Mocha, can be installed by MET IT for you.
To scan documents with a smart phone, you can use the Microsoft Office Lens application (Apple App Store & Google Play Store) to convert a picture into a pdf and email it or save to your personal BU OneDrive. To save to your BU OneDrive, you need to install OneDrive application (Apple App Store & Google Play Store).
Onbase users will need a method of connection (i.e.-Outlook, Desktop App, Web Browser) as well as DUO authentication. Information on system requirements and access options are available; any installation issues or assistance can be addressed by MET IT or BU IS&T.
To digitally sign documents, users can utilize “Fill & Sign” feature available with Adobe Acrobat Pro XI or later and as a standalone mobile application. You can learn how to do this by following our Digital Signature Instructions.
To access shared drives you will need to install and use VPN. Once VPN connection is established, follow these instructions to map shared drives:
- Open File Explorer and in the Computer tab, select Map Network Drive to access the setup menu.
- Fill in the Drive and Folder fields with the appropriate information:
- Department Shared Directory: Drive: K Folder: \\met-fs.bu.edu\data$
- MIS Directory: Drive: L Folder: \\met-fs.bu.edu\MIS$
- Make sure “Reconnect at sign-in”is checked and click Finish.
- While in the Finder application, press Command+K on your keyboard.
- Enter the path to the network drive you want to map:
- Department Shared Directory: Path: smb://met-fs.bu.edu/data$
- MIS Directory: Path: smb://met-fs.bu.edu/mis$
- Click the Connect button and enter your login credentials.
- Once you have established a connection, go to the Apple icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen and select System Preferences. Go to Accounts or Users and Groups depending on your version of MAC OS. Click on Login Items, Click on the + button to add another login item. Pick the network drive you wish to mount and click Add.