Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics Management (online)
The online Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics Management provides comprehensive coverage of data analytics concepts, techniques, and state-of-the-art tools used in the process of data-driven business decision-making. Students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with a variety of analytical models and decision-support tools, which they can apply to interlinked data-inputs and large data sets in the areas of marketing, operations, product and technology innovations, financial services, human resource management, and others. Boston University’s applied business analytics curriculum covers advanced software tools and functions such as predictive modeling, text and data mining, visual analytics, simulations, and OLAP tables. Graduates of the program will be able to analyze data-driven business processes, select appropriate analytical methods to monitor and identify performance issues, and propose optimal data-based solutions.
Students who complete the master’s degree in Applied Business Analytics Management will be able to demonstrate:
- The knowledge and skills necessary to better utilize available information in operational, tactical, and strategic decision-making in organizations.
- Experience with various powerful emerging technologies and techniques for increasing the value of both in-house and third-party data sets.
- An understanding of how organizations are using interlinked data-inputs, analytics models, and decision-support tools to better understand their operations, customers, and markets.
- Expertise in web analytics and metrics, and the ability to procure and process unstructured text, and delve into hidden patterns within data sets.
- The ability to facilitate knowledge discovery using data-mining and visualization techniques over vast amounts of data.
Learn more about the online MS in Applied Business Analytics Management by visiting Boston University’s Distance Education website.