Student Advising

Metropolitan College offers a full range of academic counseling services for students. These services are available whether a student is attending full-time or part-time, enrolled in a degree program, or taking courses on a non-matriculated basis.

Graduate Students

Graduate students should contact their academic department or program office for academic advising.

Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate students should contact the academic counselors at the MET Student Services office for answers to general questions related to their academic programs or special assistance:

Boston University Metropolitan College
Student Services
1010 Commonwealth Avenue, 1st Floor
Boston, MA 02215
Phone: 617-353-2980
Fax: 617-353-4494

The Associate Dean of Enrollment & Student Affairs, located in Student Services, is responsible for all aspects of undergraduate student affairs including academic counseling, student registration issues, extracurricular activities, matters of student academic misconduct, and the coordination of student honors and awards.

Members of the Student Services academic counseling staff are available to talk with students and faculty on a variety of topics, as described below.

Assistance for Students

Student Services offers an orientation for all new students and can provide information on Metropolitan College scholarships and the academic support services offered by the Educational Resource Center (ERC). In addition, the office provides counseling on topics such as:

  1. Course selection and prerequisites
  2. Major and concentration options
  3. Semester-by-semester programs
  4. Interdisciplinary programs
  5. Assessment of transfer credits
  6. Credit by standardized testing
  7. Admission to undergraduate degree programs
  8. Completion of requirements for graduation
  9. Individual academic problems or concerns

Assistance for Faculty

The academic counseling staff works closely with Metropolitan College faculty and program coordinators, and can provide support for issues such as:

  1. Student misconduct in the classroom
  2. Student tutoring needs
  3. Facilitation and monitoring of make-up exams
  4. Mid-term and long-term intervention with students in academic difficulty

Other Services On Campus

The Center for Career Development office at 100 Bay State Road, 6th Floor, has extensive career counseling services, job-hunting assistance, and a Career Resource Library.

First-rate medical and behavioral health providers are available through Student Health Services at 881 Commonwealth Avenue.

Other offices used by MET students include:

  1. Financial Assistance (undergraduate)
  2. Housing
  3. International Admissions
  4. International Student & Scholars Office (ISSO)

MET academic counselors provide referral services for students requesting assistance.