Conference Travel Support
Conference travel support may be available for travel related to the presentation of scholarly work, or the advancement of Metropolitan College programs. Requests for travel support should be initiated by the faculty member, and approval should be requested from the department chair and the Associate Dean for Academic Programs.
MET faculty and staff must obtain Supervisor/Chair and Dean’s pre-approval for all travel, using the MET Web-Based Travel Approval System located at: (/met/for-faculty-staff/forms/faculty-travel). When seeking this approval, employee must:
- Indicate purpose of travel and provide justification
- Accurately estimate all costs, including airfare, lodging, conference fees, meals, ground travel
- Report anticipated external funding or compensation, such as provided by a grant or by host
- Await notification by email of the approval or rejection of your travel request.
- If initial cost estimates increase by more than 20% during reservation process, you must seek Dean’s re-approval.
Within 30 days after returning from your trip, you must complete and submit:
- Travel report on the Concur Travel and Business Expense system via SAP/Employee Self-Service.
- Travel Summary Report on MET Web-Based Travel Approval System.
Per University policy, air travel is reimbursed for “economy” (or lowest) airfare only.