The Osher Reentry Scholarship
Established at Boston University’s Metropolitan College by the Bernard Osher Foundation in 2008, the Osher Reentry Scholarship is available to eligible adult students continuing the pursuit of their first bachelor’s degree after a significant hiatus.
Osher Reentry Scholarships apply to any undergraduate degree program at Metropolitan College. The scholarship is also a good match for the Accelerated Degree Completion Program, which provides an intensive course of study for motivated professionals who have 64 transferable undergraduate credits.
To qualify for the Osher Reentry Scholarship, you must:
- Be an adult reentry student between the ages of 25 and 50.
- Show evidence of a cumulative gap in the pursuit of an undergraduate degree of five or more years.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Be planning to return to or continue in the workforce.
- Show evidence of financial need. Priority is given to applicants who have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be admitted to an undergraduate degree program at Metropolitan College as either a part-time or full-time student pursuing a first baccalaureate degree.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
To apply for the Osher Reentry Scholarship, please submit the following:
- The Osher Reentry Scholarship Application
- A 300-word essay as outlined on the application
Reviews of scholarship applications start July 30 for fall and December 1 for spring. Applicants who have submitted completed scholarship applications by these dates will be given priority. Application reviews will continue throughout the year until all funds are awarded.
Applications can be mailed, faxed, or brought to:
Boston University Metropolitan College
Undergraduate Student Services
755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 102
Boston, MA 02215
If you have any questions, please contact Undergraduate Student Services at 617-353-2980 or email@example.com.