Accreditation & Memberships
As part of Boston University, Metropolitan College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), one of six nationally recognized accrediting agencies.
Boston University is an accredited member of AACSB International―The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
MET’s master’s degree programs in Computer Information Systems (IT Project Management concentration) and Project Management are accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC).
MET’s master’s degree program in Computer Information Systems (Health Informatics concentration) is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Information Security programs at Metropolitan College are certified by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS).
Boston University is also recognized by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and Research.
In addition, MET maintains membership in the following organizations:
- American Association of Museums
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Collegiate Schools
- Association for Continuing Higher Education (ACHE)
- Association of Arts Administration
- European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- New England Museum Association
- New England Transfer Association
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- University Professional Continuing Education Association (UPCEA)
- United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
The GAC and PMI logos are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. For the full list of PMI’s legal marks, please contact the PMI Legal department.