Please Note: Applications for 2021 – 2022 Fellowships are now open! See below for details.
Director: Trish Elliott, DrPH, MPH
We engage our community partners in the act of educating students, and students in the act of making a difference in community organizations through intensive, year long, supervised practice experiences. If this working with external organizations sounds appealing, the MCH Practice Fellowship may be a great opportunity for you!
Practice Fellows may choose to carve out a period of time and specific project/deliverable at the practice site and designate it as their MPH Practicum in collaboration with the Practice Office and field supervisor.
MCH Practice Fellows will:
- Receive a professional development stipend of $1500* paid in increments across the fellowship period
- Commit to 8-10 hours per week over a period of 11-12 months
- Have monthly professional development workshops with Trish Elliott
- Demonstrate major contribution to a professional work product related to the fellowship
- Present their work at our annual MCH Forum at the conclusion of the fellowship period (early December)
- Submit an abstract and present at a national or regional professional conference (optional)
Current Practice Fellowship Descriptions
Any MPH student who is committed to take one of several MCH courses, ideally in the first spring or summer semester of the fellowship: MC725, GH881, MC840, MC775, MC759, or EP759.
How to Apply:
The application period is now open.
- Information about fellowships offered for this application cycle can be found here.
- Application Form
- Completed applications should be submitted to email@example.com Friday, October 22, 2021.
*The Fellowships are supported by the federal HRSA/MCHB grant #2 T76MC000172500, and as such financial support is available only to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Foreign nationals may be selected as fellows if they choose to forgo the stipend.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find FAQs and answers here.