Please Note: Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year are now closed.
Director: Trish Elliott, DrPH, MPH
We engage our community partners in the act of educating students, and students in the act of making a difference in community organizations through intensive, year long, supervised practice experiences. If this working with external organizations sounds appealing, the MCH Practice Fellowship may be a great opportunity for you!
MCH Practice Fellows will:
- Receive a professional development stipend of $1500* paid in increments across the fellowship period
- Commit to 8-10 hours per week over a period of 11-12 months
- Have monthly professional development workshops with Trish Elliott
- Demonstrate major contribution to a professional work product related to the fellowship
- Present their work at our annual MCH Forum at the conclusion of the fellowship period (early December)
- Submit an abstract and present at a national or regional professional conference (optional)
Current Practice Fellowship Descriptions
- 2022-2023 MCH Practice Fellowship Project Descriptions (Application are now closed)
- All 2022-23 research and practice fellowship opportunities are eligible to count as a practicum, and can be registered separately with the Practicum Office upon award of the fellowship. More details can be found on the MCH Fellowship & Practicum FAQ.
Archived Practice Fellowship Descriptions: 2021-2022
Any MPH student who is committed to take one of several MCH courses, ideally in the first spring or summer semester of the fellowship: MC725, GH881, MC840, MC775, MC759, or EP759.
How to Apply:
- Review research fellowship project descriptions | 2022-2023 MCH Practice Fellowship Project Descriptions
- Complete fellowship application | Fellowship Application 2022-23
- Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday October 21, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
*The Fellowships are supported by the federal HRSA/MCHB grant #6-T76MC00017-27, and as such financial support is available only to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Foreign nationals may be selected as fellows if they choose to forgo the stipend.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find FAQs and answers here.
Current Practice Fellows 2022-2023