Apply to be a Student Staff Member
– Applications are closed as of 10/27/23. Thank you for your interest! –
The LGBTQIA+ Student Resource Center Operations Assistants are responsible for creating a hospitable environment for LGBTQIA+ Student Resource Center guests, as well as providing administrative support to LGBTQIA+ Student Resource Center full-time staff. Operations Assistants’ duties include, but are not limited to, greeting guests, logging visitor data, answering phones, answering questions about the event reservation system and supporting programming and administrative needs. LGBTQIA+ Student Resource Center Student Staff must also be proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable conversing with peers.
Time commitment: Minimum of 10 hours/week.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at Boston University.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse students, staff, faculty, and community members.
- Must have the ability to anticipate needs of students and staff.
- Must have the ability to utilize resources and identify solutions.
- Have proven experience working cooperatively as part of a team.
- Previous customer services experience, with demonstrated interest in community building at BU around LGBTQIA+ issues.
- Greet all visitors.
- Give Center tours.
- Direct visitors to appropriate resources.
- Provide primary phone reception.
- Maintain record of visitor traffic and activity.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly space maintenance.
- Answer questions about event reservation requests.
- Staff/support Signature Events and events that are hosted in the Center.
- Support LGBTQIA+ Student Resource Center professional staff as necessary.
- Open and/or close the Resource Center.