September Library eUpdate

Hello BU Law Alumni,

For most of you my arrival at BU Law occurred after your graduation. So, by way of introduction, I’ll begin with the fact that I am the Director of the Samuel M. Fineman Law Library and the Pappas Law Library at the BU School of Law, and I have never had  a job that I enjoy more.  We have built the finest collections (both print and electronic), the most talented group of librarians and staff, and the most engaged and dynamic law library community that I know of in the country.  We are engaged researchers, we are legal research teachers both in and outside of the classroom, and we NEVER STOP planning and executing exciting and educational events for our students and faculty.

In short, here at BU Law, we spell fun, L-I-B-R-A-R-Y!

One of my goals for the future is to engage alumni more fully and regularly.  To that end, this past June, I was teaching a two-week course at the University of Washington Information School, and I hosted a happy hour get together for BU School of Law Alumni.  It was a spur of the moment event, so there were only a few attendees (thank you to the Seattle Alumni who came and drank with me).  I hope to get on the road a bit more this fiscal year so that I can meet more of you and engage with you about how we can better serve the research needs of our alumni community. An overview of our current services to alumni can be found at http://www.bu.edu/lawlibrary/using-the-library/law-alumni/. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions in the interim, we’d love to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Ronald E. Wheeler

Director of the Fineman and Pappas Law Libraries