Advising & Student Support
The law school experience is exciting, challenging and, at times, difficult. We are committed to helping students succeed at every step—from orientation through graduation. We offer a combination of programming that supports and enhances your professional preparation, community-building events, and one-on-one guidance. Throughout your time at BU Law, you’ll have personalized support from faculty and staff to guide you through your program.
Support for JD Students
Students in our JD program have access to a broad range of support services offered by professional staff in Student Affairs, including:
- academic enhancement workshops that address common issues of law school life and offer tangible changes you can make outside the classroom to improve your class work, study habits, and overall well-being during law school;
- orientation programming for first-year and transfer students to help you get acclimated to BU Law;
- advice, support, and programming for students with diverse identities;
- resources and referrals for counseling services and disability accommodations and support; and,
- support for student organizations.
Support for Graduate Students
Students in our LLM, master’s degree, and certificate programs may access similar services through their program offices: Banking & Financial Law, the Graduate Tax Program, or for students in American Law, Intellectual Property, and the two-year LLM program, Graduate & International Programs.