BU Law's JD curriculum combines the best of traditional legal education with a forward-looking perspective --and carefully balances theory and practical training. You can design your own curriculum around courses that prepare you for work in specific areas of interest--here or abroad:
- Choose from over 200 classes--we offer one of the widest selections of courses and seminars available anywhere.
- Concentrate in any of five areas of focus.
- Develop practical courtroom skills and represent real-world clients through our nationally-recognized clinical and advanced litigation programs.
- Pursue your own interests by cross-registering for any of hundreds of classes in BU's other schools and graduate programs.
- Pursue one of 17 dual-degrees, earning a JD and another graduate degree, by combining law study with other BU graduate programs.
- Travel to one of 17 study abroad locations throughout Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia--among the most expansive set of international options at any U.S. law school.
- Globalize your classroom experience--JD classes often include foreign-trained LLM students who contribute a global perspective to class discussions.