Academic Information

Non-Credit Independent Study
(Independent Research Paper)

A student may fulfill the requirement by independently working on a paper with a full-time School of Law faculty member. Students who wish to work with a part-time adjunct faculty must file a 1-2 page prospectus outlining the subject matter of the paper, the question that the paper will try to answer and the plan of research to the adjunct professor. If the proposal meets the adjunct's approval, they will forward it to the Associate Dean with their endorsement. Students choosing this option will not receive credit for the independent paper, but may satisfy the writing requirement. Students opting for this choice must file the Intent to Complete the Upperclass Writing Requirement Form with the Registrar's Office or Request an Advisor.

Learn more about independent study online or by consulting the Student Handbook.