Build your network as a bar association member.
As a BU Law student, you will receive a free membership to the Boston Bar Association (BBA), where you will have access to a wealth of resources offered by one of the most active bar associations in the country: 500 educational and networking programs each year, 70 sections and committees including the New Lawyers section, nationally recognized public services programs, and a subscription to the BBA’s weekly electronic newsletter. Regardless of whether you end up practicing law in Boston, you will be able to network with leading national and international law firms, corporate legal departments, legal service agencies, government offices, and members of the judiciary who are involved with the BBA.
In addition to the BBA, there are many lawyer associations in Boston and Massachusetts that offer tremendous networking and career development opportunities:
- Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts
- Boston Patent Law Association
- Hellenic Bar Association
- Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Employment Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- Massachusetts Municipal Lawyers Association
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- Real Estate Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts