Kilachand student Madeline Riddick-Seals (CFA’24) wins Kahn Award grand prize

Photo credit: Julian X

A huge congratulations and shout out to Madeline Riddick-Seals (CFA’24) for being the Esther B. and Albert S. Kahn Career Entry Award Grand Prize Winner!

The Kahn Award finalists are chosen based on the students’ submitted proposals detailing how they would use the award to launch their careers, their concern for social issues, and their take on the artist’s role in contemporary society.

Madeline’s current artistic practice explores the intersections of architecture, performance, memory, and ephemerality. After graduation, Madeline will work with the Live Arts Department at the MET Museum. At the MET she wishes to further her experience in the museum field and investigate the seam between curation and performance. 

“I would love to offer special thanks to my grandmother, Angela Fleming Seals, and my great-aunt, Chana Austin. I would also like to thank my advisor Dr. Kristin Leahey.” – Madeline

Meet the 2024 CFA Esther B. and Albert S. Kahn Awards Recipients

BU Today Article (May 10, 2024)
Kahn Award Will Carry Theater Arts Major Madeline Riddick-Seals Back to Alabama: $20,000 prize to fund history project in historically Black neighborhood