ISSO Expands Student Advising Services at BUMC
ISSO is now offering mini student advising appointments every Tuesday afternoon from 12pm – 4pm at the medical campus for students registered at the Goldman School of Dental Medicine (SDM), the School of Medicine (MED) and the School and Public Health (SPH). BUMC students should call the ISSO at 617.353.3565 to reserve a 15 minute mini appointment for the following basic ISSO services:
- Drop off documentation to request authorization for Curricular Practical Training
- Complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Form to begin working on campus
- Obtain a DSO signature on documentation required to apply for a US social security number
- Request approval for a Reduced Course load in your final semester
- Obtain a DSO signature on your immigration document to travel outside of the US
- Discuss how to renew your visa
- Drop off paperwork to request a program extension
- Ask a quick question!
All mini appointments during the 2019-2010 academic year will be held in the Talbot Building Room 211E BUMC students are always welcome to visit the ISSO during normal business hours for all services as well.
Please note that these are some conversations and processing that require more time than a mini appointment will allow BUMC students will need to continue to schedule individual advisor appointments at the ISSO to apply for: