THE INSTITUTE FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY’S INDUSTRY COUNCIL provides participants with an opportunity to engage deeply with faculty and staff across Boston University, as well as with thought leaders from outside Boston University. With project teams comprised of Boston University experts, the Industry Council facilitates its participants’ staying on the cutting edge of advancing sustainable energy in their business area, in part by advancing projects designed to address targeted questions and challenges of interest to the client.
The Institute for Sustainable Energy has expertise and capacity to address many aspects of sustainable energy research through its more than 40 affiliated faculty members with backgrounds spanning business and entrepreneurship, engineering, and policy. We can formulate interdisciplinary teams, making the Institute an ideal partner in tackling real-world questions. Early projects in the Institute are focused on assessing realistic pathways for decarbonization of the grid and on identifying new approaches to transportation that drive emissions reductions.
An Industry Council participant’s relationship with the Institute is tailored to each participant according to their needs and interests. Our base commitment to each Industry Council participant is as follows.
Industry Council Benefits
- Build relationships with expert faculty and staff across Boston University: in the Questrom School of Business, the College of Engineering, and other departments.
- Engage with a broader sustainable energy community outside Boston University including, but not limited to, other Industry Council participants.
- Engage in at least one annual tailored campus visit for targeted discussions with experts in areas of interest to explore potential new collaborative projects. (Project work will be supported by additional in-person meetings throughout the year.)
- Participate in the Annual Industry Council Briefing hosted by the Institute for Sustainable Energy, which convenes thought leaders to discuss approaches to emerging challenges in sustainable energy.
- Feature your success in the Institute for Sustainable Energy’s newsletter annually.
- If desired, host a select delegation of experts from Boston University to drive deeper engagement.
- Interactions lead to identification of projects, and a project team including Boston University faculty and staff experts will identify solutions to your company’s challenges in sustainable energy.
- Collaborative projects with Boston University teams identify and test practical solutions to challenges. The inaugural Annual Industry Council Briefing will be held at Boston University in September, 2017.