The Idea Incubator
The Idea Incubator: The foundation of turning ideas into impact
Are you looking to come up with an idea for a project or venture, or have you recently started working on an idea? The Idea Incubator program is a self-paced program that supports idea-stage innovators to hone in on an idea that will have impact in their community. Participants get access to the Innovation Handbook and priority access to RSVP capped programs (Idea Incubation Nights, Idea Incubation Cohort Learning Program, Speed Mentoring Nights). This program is the ideal place for anyone who is looking to develop an idea to get started before joining the Project or Innovation Pathways.
The Idea Incubator is open to all students and all ideas
- You’re in the idea stage: anyone who is either looking to come up with an idea OR working on idea that needs to be further developed.
- You can be working on a project or venture (non-profit or for-profit).
The benefits you get as a participant
- Participants get access to the Innovation Handbook and priority access to RSVP capped programs (Idea Incubation Nights, Idea Incubation Cohort Learning Program, Speed Mentoring Nights).
How to register for the program
- All you need to do to register is tell us your name, email address, and a bit about the problem or idea that you’re working on!
- Complete this registration form to get started.
- We highly recommend that you attend a venture orientation session in order to learn about the program and other related programs.
What’s expected of you as a participant
- Work on your idea! Talk to customers, continue to do research, talk to your peers, faculty and staff! Consider your goals moving forward: how are you going to have the impact that you intend to have?
- In order to continue your participation in the program, you must complete a light progress report once per year.
How do I get started with this program?
All you need to do is submit a registration form! You can find it here.
How do I make progress on my idea?
There are many things you can do to make progress on your idea!
- Attend a ventures orientation session to learn more about all the programs that the BUild Lab offers to support you and your idea
- Use the Innovation Handbook to learn important skills you’ll need to move your idea forward
- Attend an idea incubation night
- Attend a workshop
- Apply to the Idea Incubation Cohort learning program
How do I stay active on the program?
One of the most critical components of developing an idea is talking to your key stakeholders (customers, users, buyers, beneficiaries, etc). Because of this, it is a requirement that you submit a light progress report about your venture once per year.