As a part of Innovate@BU’s 4th annual IDEA Conference, being held on February 27, 2021, Innovate@BU is joining hands with the College of Fine Arts to identify a BU student or Class of 2020 CFA alumni to serve as IDEA CON 2021’s Artist-In-Residence as an individual or as a team.
The selected artist(s) will work with Innovate@BU to create and carry out an engaging design for a twenty-foot long wall in the BUild Lab IDG Capital Student Innovation Center at 730 Commonwealth Avenue at the corner of St Mary’s. This wall space is in a highly trafficked area and can be viewed from the outside as well. This is a permanent installation that will serve and engage thousands of students over the next decade to spark innovation and creativity.
A unique aspect of this RFP is that it is tied to the IDEA CON 2021 Conference which allows for the successful artist to have a built-in audience as well as an opportunity for IDEA CON to show by example how innovative ideas can be put into practice. The successful artist(s) will take advantage of this opportunity by incorporating a clear plan for social media and audience outreach in their proposal.
RFP and Project Timeline:
- January 29: Deadline for all submissions. Review the RFP here and submit an application here.
- February 5, 11:30 am: Winning Artist Announced before School of Visual Arts Professional Development workshop and on Innovate@BU Social Media. Register for the Zoom announcement here.
- Week of February 8: Selected Candidate meets with Innovate@BU Staff to go over details
- February 8–25: Artist documents process on video for distribution
- February 26–27: Start of the installation process with artist on site
- February 27 and onwards: Installation completed and documented