Director, Life Sciences
- Job Description
- Boston University Industry Engagement is an exciting new function at the University that holistically addresses the needs of companies wishing to engage the University in Corporate Sponsored Research and Corporate Relations providing a bridge between industry and the research and educational domains of the University. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, the Director of Industry Engagement, Life Sciences will be responsible for developing and implementing the University’s Industry Engagement strategy for the Life Sciences and Healthcare industry vertical, creating meaningful and sustainable relationships with industry partners leading to increased investment in University priorities in alignment with corporate priorities. Learn more at bu.edu//industry.
- Required Skills
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred. Five to eight years work experience.
- Entrepreneurial and dynamic individual with a commitment to advancing scientific research.
- Life science and/or healthcare industry experience in product management, product marketing, technology strategy, business development, and/or research administration required. Working knowledge of scientific research. Experience forming research partnerships with academic and/or other institutional research organizations desired.
- Life sciences and/or healthcare academic experience in corporate sponsored research, sponsored programs, technology transfer, and/or industry engagement desired.
- Familiarity with other dimensions of industrial partnerships including intellectual property and technology transfer, federal grants, grant and contract management, and philanthropic development.
- Demonstrated record of leadership. Consultative and accessible leadership style, outstanding written and oral communications skills, integrity, and managerial skills.
- Ability to gain credibility and trust with multiple layers of complex organizations from the University to corporations. Ability to interact in a professional and positive manner with all levels of staff. Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Dedicated, independent, and innovative team player.
Back to Open Positions