Your 1095-C Tax Form for 2019
You will soon receive your 1095-C via US Mail for the 2019 tax year containing important information about your health care coverage.
Employers are required to provide the 1095-C to the following employees as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act:
- Employees enrolled in the Boston University Health Plan at any point in 2019
- Employees who worked an average of 30 or more hours per week or were considered a full-time employee in 2019
View and Print Your 1095-C Electronically
You will receive your 1095-C form via US Mail, however you may elect to instead view and print a copy of your 1095-C electronically by visiting www.mytaxform.com
- Under Employer Name/Code enter in 17160.
- In the pop-up box, click on Register Now. All returning users must register again due to the introduction of dual authentication.
- Follow the registration process.
- After you are prompted to enter your personal email and personal phone number, you will receive a one-time push code if Equifax is able to verify your identity.
- Once logged-in you must consent to receiving your 2019 1095-C electronically to view it online. Select the “Delivery Selections” box on the right side of screen as shown in the the screenshot below:
6. Your form will then be available to view or download.
If you encounter any issues with the log-in process, please contact the HR Service Center at HR@bu.edu or 617-353-2380, however, please remember that all 2019 forms are being sent via US mail, regardless of whether you previously elected to receive your form electronically.
The IRS will use the information reported on the 1095-C to determine whether you will pay a penalty for failing to have health care coverage as required by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. If you received an Advance Premium Tax Credit, the information on the form will also help the IRS determine if you should repay any of the tax credit or receive an additional credit.
Please contact the Human Resources Service Center at HR@bu.edu or 617-353-2380 if you have questions.