Telehealth Available with BU Health Plans
Telehealth services are covered under both BU Health Plans. This allows covered members to receive care from licensed doctors and providers in the BCBS Well Connection network.
American Well’s national network of psychiatrists are available by appointment on Well Connection. This is in addition to the behavioral health therapists that are already accessible.
Finding the Care You Need Is Fast, Easy and Convenient
Using Well Connection, you’ll be able to:
- Have live video visits using your smartphone, tablet, or computer
- See licensed doctors and other providers anytime, anywhere
- Have medical and behavioral health visits that are secure and confidential
Telehealth benefits cover live video visits with Well Connection doctors and providers, as well as local doctors and providers in the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts network who offer covered services using live video visits through a service other than Well Connection.
Cost of Well Connection visits
- BCBS PPO members pay a $30 copayment effective 7/1/2021.
- BU Health Savings Plan members pay 10% coinsurance after they meet their annual deductible.
How To Sign Up
After creating a username and password and entering your Blue Cross member ID number, you can log in, choose the type of care you want, and pick a provider.
Is Well Connection secure?
Yes. All Well Connection doctors and providers are required to maintain private and secure online access that allows you to have safe and confidential visits. All visits are treated in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Want to see Well Connection in action?
Watch this video.
Types of Services Covered