How to Apply

Who can Apply

All dormitory-style residences close for the Winter Intersession Recess.

Students residing in dormitory-style residences who wish to remain on campus during this period may apply for vacation housing. Those who apply will be housed in a local area hotel and a charge for the applicable vacation housing rate will be posted to their student accounts.

Note: Placement in vacation housing is based upon space availability. The University does not provide dining services during Intersession.

Students residing in apartment-style residences and 33 Harry Agganis Way may remain in residence during Intersession without extra charge and are therefore not eligible to apply for vacation housing.

How to Apply and Cancel

Students may complete the vacation housing web form available on the My Housing portal.  All completed applications must be submitted by the deadline indicated. Cancellation requests are submitted via email to and are subject to the same deadlines.

BU Housing will send students an email confirmation upon receipt of their application or cancellation forms.

For direct questions about vacation housing, contact BU Housing at or 617-353-3511.