SHA’s Innovation Competition is open to all students attending Boston University. * Alumni may participate, as long as they’ve graduated within one year. Teams will have a minimum of 3 and maximum of 5 members. All members must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
Teams are not required to have an operating venture or a full business plan to apply; any team with a great idea that is hospitality-related can apply. They must however use their time in the competition to work on their idea and refine it during the next two stages.
The Competition consists of three stages that are detailed below.
- Submit your application with a team of 3-5 people
- The teams selected to participate in Stage 2 will receive coaching and mentoring from members of the BUild Lab and hospitality leaders to advance their ideas and work towards creating a robust business plan
- All teams in Stage 2 will make a 10-minute pitch to judges
- Final teams will present their ventures to a live audience consisting of Boston University students, alumni, industry professionals, and potential investors and judges at the SHA Hospitality Leadership Summit
- The top three teams will receive a combined $50,000 in cash prizes, publicity, feedback from industry leaders, and access to investors for potential investments
Stay tuned for information on 2024 applications.
Questions? Please see our FAQ page.