Celebrate Passover in Multiple Ways Remotely!
- 5:30pm – Jewish Calendar & Seasons of Love: An Intergenerational Seder led by R’ Jevin & Connor Dedrick (March 28th)
- 7:00pm – Passover: A Global Experience with Rachel Mitchell and Stacey Herman (March 28th)
- 7:30pm – Liberation Seder: Racial Justice Then and Now with Dana Blackman Brown & Sara Blumenthal (March 28th)
Register here for a seder!
- Chocolate Seder – #FreeBritney (and the Jews): All are welcome to attend our virtual #FreeBritney chocolate seder for a discussion around feminism and liberation over sweet treats on March 30th from 6:30-7:30pm. Sign up here ASAP and pick up your Chocolate Seder kits on Friday, March 26th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- Exodus Queer Seder: Join Hillel@Home and Rabbi Nikki DeBlosi for a non-traditional twist on the quintessential Jewish story of “yetziah” exodus, literally “coming out.” Whether you’re Jewish or not, queer or not, come and be an ally for freedom in this interactive Passover seder centering experiences of queer coming out. Meet LGBTQ+ and ally Hillel staff, student leaders, and students from campuses all over on Tuesday, March 30th at 8:00pm. Register here!
- Mental Health Seder on BU Wellness Day: Join Rabbi Elie for a conversation connecting the Passover story with our own striving for greater mental health and wellness on Wednesday, March 31st from 7:30-8:30pm. Zoom link here!
- JLF Passover BONUS Edition: Join Rabbi Elie for an extra credit BONUS JLF session. We will learn some hidden secrets and stories of Passover on Thursday, April 1st from 5:00-6:00pm. Zoom link here!
Looking to sell your chametz?
If you would like to sell your chametz, please fill out this form by Wednesday, March 24th.
Resources for Your Own Awesome Seder!
This year we are excited to once again help students in hosting their own private Seder meals. We will be reimbursing up to $15 per BU student to host a private COVID-safe meal for their pod of friends. To sign up, just click here.
Below we have suggestions for Haggadot that you can find online, make or order. We also have a list of the traditional items for a Passover seder.
Not sure what to do on Passover? Check out a few ideas below:
- Read a book or two from this crowd-sourced Passover booklist
- Watch Rugrats Passover or Prince of Egypt
- Listen to Passover songs
- Ideas for the Solo Seder
- How to Host a Virtual Seder
- OneTable Seder Ideas & “Nourishment” (financial resources)
There are literally 1000’s of versions of the Passover Haggadah published over the centuries. Each Haggadah help present the story of our freedom through a different lens. Check out the below for a few of our suggested Haggadahs or seder supplements.
- Hebrew College Passover Companion
- A Night to Remember
- Seder Talk: The Conversational Haggadah
- Make your own Haggadah
- Jewish Boston
- Interfaith Haggadah
- The Velveteen Haggadah
- Workmen’s circle Haggadah
- 10-minute seder
- 30-minute seder
- Telling the story Haggadahהָעוֹלָם אוֹר
- Matzah (Manischewitz Matzos, $4.89)
- Grape juice/wine (Kedem Grape Juice, $4.19)
- Leaf lettuce (Green Leaf Lettuce, $2.29)
- Hard-boiled egg (Bob Evans Hard Boiled Eggs, $1.00)
- Horseradish (Horseradish, $1.89)
- Charoset (Cut up all ingredients, place in a bowl, and pour grape juice or red wine and mix well)