Summer Focused Research Program Workshop: Development of Use Cases for Continuous Mobile Data in Health Promotion & Disease Detection
Date: July 14th, 2021
Time: 12pm – 3pm ET
This workshop will focus on Thrust 1 of the Continuous Analysis of Mobile Health Data among Medically Vulnerable Populations: Focused Research Program (FRP). During the workshop, we will identify data streams and analytic tasks of relevance to the clinical community and population cohorts. We will also discuss the use cases for continuous mobile data in health promotion & disease detection and the challenges of data collection. The eventual goal of this year-long FRP is to develop a system that can collect multiple streams of digital health information, provide an infrastructure for analysis using machine learning approaches, and communicate results or recommendations with patients and healthcare providers.
The workshop is open to interested faculty members, staff and students. If you are interested in participating, please join us! If you have questions or would like more information about this FRP, please contact Katherine D’Angelo (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
This workshop will be virtual and held via Zoom Meeting.
- Introduction to FRP, Vasiliki Kalavri, PhD
- Digital Phenotyping for Cognitive Health, Honghuang Lin, PhD
- Tailored Recommendations for Healthy Eating and Physical Activity, Lisa Quintiliani, PhD
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring: Future Use Cases, Nicole Spartano, PhD
12:45pm-1:00pm Description of how we plan to compile use cases
1:00pm-1:45pm. Breakout session: Compiling current/existing/future use cases
- Draft use cases independently (edit spreadsheet template)
- Discussion of use cases within breakout groups
- List challenges and pain points for use-cases (engagement in vulnerable populations, privacy concerns, etc.)
2:00pm-2:40pm. Whole group discussion
- One leader from each breakout summarizes the list of use cases
- Discuss similarities, group use cases in terms of requirements and challenges
2:40pm-3:00pm. FRP Champions lead discussion on next steps and future goals
- Set goals for the next workshop
- Discuss work to be done before the next meeting
The FRP Workshop Spreadsheet is a structured way for us to collect information about existing or planned (i.e., not yet existing) continuous data sources that you anticipate would benefit from analysis using machine learning approaches. We provide examples from the literature, split into two main categories (prediction of disease and related outcomes & behavior guidance/health promotion) to illustrate how information can be entered. Feel free to explore how your work could fit into the spreadsheet prior to the Workshop or to enter during the time we have set aside during the Workshop; it is ok if you are not sure how to fill out some of the cells – you can leave them blank. We will use this Spreadsheet to select use cases to guide the development of our work in Thrusts 2 and 3.
FRP Workshop Spreadsheet download: FRP_use_cases_7.1.21