GRS will offer travel awards to qualifying entering international students. These students will receive airfare from their home country to Boston to begin their graduate studies.
To be eligible for this assistance a student must:
- Be from a country with a gross domestic product (GDP) in the lowest quartile and
- Have been admitted to a PhD or MFA* (Creative Writing and Playwriting) program within GRS.
To request a travel grant
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Relocation Assistance” on subject line. In email text, include:
- Your name (last, first) as it appears on your application
- Your application CAS ID
- Program name
- Program start (semester & year)
- A 100 – 250 word statement describing your financial hardship
Applications can be submitted at any time after you receive an offer of admission from GRS. There is no deadline for applying, but funds are limited and will be distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
*GRS only offers MFA degrees in Creative Writing and Playwriting. All other MFA degrees are housed in the College of Fine Arts and are not eligible for this assistance.