Programs in Food, Wine & the Arts at Boston University’s Metropolitan College are presented by the office of Lifelong Learning.
Through diverse, dynamic, and enriching educational opportunities, Lifelong Learning encourages the vital exchange of ideas and knowledge between Boston University and the city which it calls home. Learners representing every age, professional level, and background have access to the incredible resources and faculty of a highly respected university; at the same time, the BU campus benefits from the wealth of perspectives and experiences introduced by the community.
A range of programs and opportunities are available through Lifelong Learning:
- The Evergreen Program offers BU lectures and auditing opportunities to members of the community aged 58 and older
- Programs in Food, Wine & the Arts
- Certificate Program in the Culinary Arts—a unique, hands-on cooking course for those who work, or aspire to work, as food writers, chefs, and restaurateurs
- Professional Certificates—providing expertise in specific areas of the food industry
- Seminars in Food, Wine & the Arts—sophisticated programs in food, wine, culture, and art, for casual learners or professionals
- Wine Studies Program—a four-level exploration of wine production, the wine industry, and wine drinking, with certification in levels 2, 3, and 4.
Lifelong Learning’s commitment to serving up enriching programs has drawn participation from luminaries such as Julia Child and Jacques Pépin, cofounders of BU’s professional Certificate Program in the Culinary Arts and Master of Liberal Arts in Gastronomy. Metropolitan College also offers a 16-credit Food Studies Graduate Certificate.
We also work with clients to create customized events, such as private hands-on cooking and baking classes, wine classes, or demonstrations with some of the finest chefs. Custom events are great team-builders and are perfect for holiday parties, birthdays, and anniversaries—or just a good time with friends.
We encourage you to contact us to learn more about our programs. Bon appétit!