How to apply
We are looking for students who are proficient in at least one style of dance, cooperative learners, and willing to learn other styles. Interest in choreographing is welcome but not required.
Tuition: $985* for the five-week program includes:
- All technique classes, master classes, and workshops
- Two Reach t-shirts
*Numerous half and full scholarships are available for Reach. More information can be found on the Student Application for Reach 2021.
By audition deadline, March 27, 12 pm: Teen applicants, to audition, please send us a video that includes as many of these assignments as possible. Should you be unable to complete the tasks by that time, please let us know. This can be done on a phone, laptop, or iPad and emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can send me a link.
1. A warm up exercise that you might do in a ballet, modern/contemporary, jazz, or hip hop class. Looking to see: your training, coordination, flexibility. 1-3 minutes.
2. A short phrase that includes repeated jumps or leaps, turns, and a final shape. Looking to see: your training and ability. 30 seconds – 1 minute.
3. A phrase of movement, freestyle or a choreographed solo that shows you doing a style you feel most comfortable performing. Looking for your style and confidence performing. 30 seconds – 3 minutes. Tell us if it is your movement or someone else’s choreography.
4. A personal statement about why you would like to join Reach. This could be based on your essay. Looking for: your interests and motivation. Max 1 minute.
Questions? Email email@example.com. We look forward to e-meeting you soon. Thank you.
To apply for future summers, please send a resume that includes: dance training, teaching experience, performance and choreography background, work history, and references. Please include a brief paragraph explaining why you are interested in this position. A videotape of your work or performance would be helpful.
Responsibilities include: assisting professionals in instruction and preparation for the tour; performing and choreographing as assigned; assisting in management of the tour; assisting in teaching Motion Art Workshops; acting as a mentor to students during program hours; and attending an orientation.
Address materials to: Micki Taylor-Pinney, BU Dance, 915 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02215 or email.