How to apply
Reach participants must fully comply with FitRec’s COVID-19 policies. Teens may request medical or religious exemptions to the vaccination requirement.
We are looking for students who are proficient in at least one style of dance, cooperative learners, and willing to learn other styles. Interest in choreographing is welcome but not required. Must be able to fully participate for four weeks.
Tuition: $800 for the four-week program; Teaching Workshop Intensive is free of charge
- All technique classes, master classes, and workshops
- Two Reach t-shirts
*Numerous half and full needs-based scholarships are available for Reach. More information can be found on the Student Application for Reach 2023 (Word version available under “More Information”).
Auditions for Reach 2023 can be by video or by arrangement in-person. Applicants should audition before April 2, at which time staff will be making decisions for acceptance. After April 2, there will be a rolling deadline if space is available. The 2023 program is now accepting applications.
Video Audition Instructions
Auditioning in person can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A warm up exercise that you might do in a ballet, modern/contemporary, jazz, or hip hop class. Looking to see: your training, coordination, flexibility. 1-3 minutes.
2. A short phrase that includes repeated jumps or leaps, turns, and a final shape. Looking to see: your training and ability. 30 seconds – 1 minute.
3. A phrase of movement, freestyle or a choreographed solo that shows you doing a style you feel most comfortable performing. Looking for your style and confidence performing. 30 seconds – 3 minutes. Tell us if it is your movement or someone else’s choreography.
4. A personal statement about why you would like to join Reach. This could be based on your essay. Looking for: your interests and motivation. Max 1 minute.
Please send us as many of these assignments as possible. These can be recorded on a phone, laptop, or iPad, and emailed to email@example.com either by attaching the files, or by creating a Google Drive, Vimeo, or YouTube link.
There are a number of unpaid college intern positions available. May opt in for the four-week or the five-week program.
Responsibilities include: assisting professionals in instruction and preparation for the tour; performing and choreographing as assigned; assisting in management of the tour; assisting in teaching Motion Art Workshops for campers; acting as a mentor to students during program hours; and attending an orientation.
Please send a resume that includes: dance training, teaching experience, performance and choreography background, work history, and references. Please include a brief paragraph explaining why you are interested in this position. A videotape of your work or performance would be helpful.
Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or address to: Micki Taylor-Pinney, BU Dance, 915 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02215