FitRec Summer 2022
While Covid-19 remains a risk, at FitRec, we are committed to the health and safety of our members. Over the past two years, we have taken steps to ensure that FitRec is a safe environment for all. There are a number of ways that you can help ensure that we keep our community safe and visitors to FitRec have the best experience possible.
Full-time students: please review and sign your FitRec User Agreement before your first visit.
Fitness & Recreation Center Covid-19 Policies (Effective Saturday, May 14, 2022)
FitRec’s Covid-19 policies will continue to be reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis and are subject to change. This page will list any and all updates as they become available.
- Effective Saturday, May 14, masks will no longer be required for all participants attending classes offered for academic credit that take place in indoor, seated classrooms. As of Monday, March 7, masks are no longer required for informal recreation and all other activities and programs at FitRec, Walter Brown Arena, and the Track and Tennis Center, though mask-wearing remains optional.
- As of Saturday, February 26, proof of vaccination and booster are no longer required for access to FitRec. Students are no longer required to show a green badge. While no longer required, vaccination is strongly encouraged.
- FitRec users must wash or sanitize their hands before and after exercise, and using equipment. FitRec users must wipe equipment and machines before and after use.
- Always wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after using the restroom, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, before and after eating food, after caring for someone who is sick, or after touching garbage
- All locker rooms at FitRec are equipped with numerous washing stations, hand sanitizer stations located throughout the facility
- Please stay home and do not visit FitRec if:
- You feel sick or are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms (ex: sore throat, fever or chills, cough, congestions, trouble breathing/shortness of breath)
- Have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19 or exhibiting symptoms within the past 10 days
- Have been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the past 10 days or directed to self-isolate or quarantine by a health care provider or public health official
Day lockers, locker rooms, towel service, sauna, locker service, and showers will be available.
FitRec users should always check FitRec facility hours before planning a trip to FitRec.