FitRec Summer 2021 Workout Reservations
Effective June 1, 2021 – Summer Workout Reservations for Full-Time Students, Part-Time Students and BU Faculty/Staff
Ready for a workout? Cardio machines, weights, stretching and lap swimming are all available for your use at FitRec. All you need to do is reserve your day and time using our online system. Then, at your allotted time, come to FitRec with:
- Your BUID
- A green badge on your BU Healthway app approving you to come to campus that day
- A clean face mask, which must be worn at all times in the facility. You are encouraged to bring a clean mask to replace your workout mask when you’re done too.
- A water bottle
- Dressed to work out
- A confirmed reservation, which is required for entry
Workout reservation sessions are in 90 minute blocks. After your workout you will exit the building so FitRec staff can sanitize the facility before the next workout session.
- Access for currently enrolled part time students within the testing protocol will be available for a $5 per day pass. Fee will be collected at time of reservation on online reservation system.
- Access for BU Faculty/Staff within the testing protocol will be available for a $7 per day pass. Fee will be collected at time of reservation on online reservation system.
- One reservation per day per person.
- You may reserve up to 3 days from the date of booking.
- Refunds will be honored for cancellation requests submitted 24 hours prior to reservation
- Please only book slots that you will attend. No-shows will be tracked and may result in access limitations.
- You may arrive at any time during your 90-minute session. For entry, bring with you proof of your green badge on Healthway, your BUID, a 2-3 ply face covering, a water bottle and be dressed to work out.
- Showers, lockers (including day lockers) and cubbies are not available. Water fountains will be turned off, but water fillers will remain on. Come ready to participate in your activity and do not bring other personal items with you.
- Swimmers will use on-deck showers prior to and after pool use
- Please review all usage guidelines here
|Full-Time Student||No charge for Summer Workout Reservation|
|Part-Time Student||$5 for Summer Workout Reservation|
|Faculty/Staff||$7 for Summer Workout Reservation|
What can I do at FitRec?
Cardio machines (treadmills, ellipiticals, stair climbers, stationary bikes), free weights, solectorized weight equipment, stretching and lap swimming are all available for your use at FitRec.
Are there some things not available?
Equipment such as heavy bags are not currently available.
Closed Venues, Programs and Activities
Some PERD and FitRec programs, events, venues and activities are suspended until further notice, including: The Dance Theater and FitRec rentals/events, the Sailing Pavilion, Outdoor Programs, the Climbing Wall, Youth and Family Programs, Adult Recreational Instruction (Noncredit), FitPass, Membership Programs, and Locker and Towel Service.
Facility Space, Meeting and Event Requests
Due to existing programming and occupancy limits, FitRec is currently not able to accommodate space, meeting or event requests from other external groups or University departments, schools, colleges or groups.
Contacts – for specific questions about a program or refund