Military Tuition Assistance

For detailed information about benefits for veterans and military-affiliated students, visit our Veterans & Military Services website.

Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is a benefit paid to eligible members of the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy. Visit the Department of Defense website for more information about Military Tuition Assistance.

Applying for Military Tuition Assistance

Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application processes, and restrictions. Prior to enrolling in class, your service’s Educational Service Officer (ESO) or college counselor must approve your TA funding.

To apply:

  1. Contact your service’s Educational Service Officer (ESO) or college counselor.
  2. To obtain your educational degree plan, contact the Registrar’s office or academic advisor at your school.
  3. For cost information, print your invoice from MyBU Student or contact BU Veterans & Military Services,
  4. Submit your TA approval form to BU Veterans & Military Services for processing.

TA funding is paid by the service branch directly to BU and funding will be applied to your balance before all other funding. Students are responsible for tuition and fees not covered by TA.

Link to your service’s educational portal below for service-specific information and instructions on how to apply: