All students are encouraged to seek lenders offering loans with the most favorable terms. Here are the steps you should take in investigating your loan options:

  1. First, if you qualify as a citizen, permanent resident of the U.S. or eligible non-citizen and as such are able to access U.S. federal student loans, which offer very favorable terms, you should consider them first. Start by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
  2. Next, if you do not qualify for U.S. federal student aid we advise that you check with your home country to see if loans to study in the U.S. are available.
  3. Next, many U.S. lenders offer credit-based educational loans to international students if they apply with a credit-worthy U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen co-borrower. If you are able to secure a qualified co-borrower we urge you to do so and consider loans of this type, because approval and more favorable terms will be more likely.
  4. If you are an international student seeking to borrow without a co-borrower you will find fewer lenders from which to choose. The two lenders listed below do not require a U. S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen co-borrower, however their interest rates and other terms may be less favorable. Certain restrictions apply as noted.
    • MPower Financing
      Offers loans to eligible international students, undergraduate and graduate, who are enrolled in a degree program and are within two years of graduation.
    • Prodigy Finance
      Offers loans to eligible international students enrolled in law, graduate business, or postgraduate engineering, law, business, public policy and health science degree programs.

You are not required to borrow from any lender listed here, elsewhere on our website, or in other University materials. You may choose to borrow from any lender without penalty. We urge you to compare credit-based loan information and terms carefully to determine the best fit for your particular circumstances.