Policies Under Review
Academic and administrative policies are vetted with the Faculty Council and other constituencies before they are voted upon. Administrative policies are voted on at the Administrative Council. Academic policies are voted on at the University Council; half of its members also sit on Faculty Council.
The University Council is the body that exercises authority on academic matters and the majority of its members are faculty.
The University Council Committees are co-chaired by Faculty Council members and University Administrators:
- Faculty Policies Committee: Jeff Furman, Associate Professor, Questrom School of Business & Maureen O’Rourke, Associate Provost of Faculty Affairs
- Graduate Programs Committee: Kimberly A.S. Howard, Associate Professor, Wheelock College of Education and Human Development & Daniel Kleinman, Associate Provost for Graduate Affairs
- Research Committee: Fadie T. Coleman, Assistant Professor, School of Medicine & Gloria Waters, Vice President and Associate Provost of Research
- Student Life Committee: Jeffrey Hughes, Professor, College of Arts & Sciences & Kenneth Elmore, Associate Provost & Dean of Students
- Undergraduate Programs Committee: Andy Andres, Senior Lecturer of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, College of General Studies; Suzanne Kennedy, interim Co-Chair and interim Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs
View the Policy News and Updates page.