New Members Orientation
Welcome to the Faculty Council. This page will provide new and returning members of the Faculty Council with a sketch of who we are and how we function within Boston University.
The Faculty Council usually meets September through May once a month Tuesday from 3:30-5:00 p.m., usually on a Tuesday. Special sessions are scheduled as needed.
The 2023-2024 Calendar is on our website. Members will receive calendar invitations to the meetings after Orientation on August 31.
If you are a representative of your school or college, you are also a member of the University Council.
The UC meets once per month, September through June, on Tuesday afternoon.
- Learn about the Faculty Assembly and the Faculty Council.
- Governing documents of the Faculty Assembly/Faculty Council.
- University’s organizational chart.
- University Annual Report 2022 (includes audited financial statement)
- Provost’s Cabinet and Deans.
- University’s main page on Policies, that apply University-wide.
- Faculty Handbook.
- Minutes of Faculty Council meetings are published on our website and are available to all Faculty Assembly members.
- Summary of Activity for 2022-2023 and past sessions.