How to Audit a Class
The Evergreen Program offers a unique opportunity to audit BU undergraduate and graduate classes. Engage with the student community, learn from world-class faculty, and contribute to the educational environment on campus. Your presence in the classroom enriches the learning experience for everyone—our younger students are exposed to the insight of experience, and you benefit from new perspectives.
- Fall, 2015 courses begin September 2
- Eligibility to audit: 58 years of age or older and consent of instructor
- Cost: $195 per course (free to Sponsors of Evergreen)
- Evergreen students are responsible for any course related fees, such as applied music, technology, or lab fees, etc.
Choose a Class
Register to Audit
- Complete the Evergreen Auditing Registration Form.
- Attend the first class to obtain the instructor’s signature (required). Acceptance is at the discretion of the instructor, on a space-available basis.
- Submit the completed and signed form with payment to the Evergreen office (755 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite B18) during the Fall 2015 registration period:
- September 2-3, 8-10, 14-16
- The last day to add classes is September 16, 2015. No forms will be accepted after these dates.
10 a.m.–3 p.m
After Registering to Audit a Course
BU ID Card
To receive a new BU ID card or to retrieve an updated card, you must go directly to the Terrier Card Office, 775 Commonwealth Ave Lower Level. For questions regarding your BU ID card, please contact the Terrier Card Office at 617-353-9966.
BU Login Name/Password
To set up a BU login name and Kerberos password, visit the IT Help Center at 179 Amory Street.
Once registered, your name will appear on a class list generated by the University Registrar and you will be automatically added to Blackboard Learn, the newest online learning management system at Boston University. For more information regarding access to Blackboard Learn check IS&T’s documentation on Blackboard Learn for students. Please note that it may take 1-2 weeks following registration to gain access to Blackboard Learn.
The IT Help Center will answer any questions you have concerning your BU Kerberos account or Blackboard course site. You can reach them by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 353-HELP (4357).
- To find course schedules, visit the Office of the Univeristy Registrar.
- Click on “Registration”, then choose “Class Schedule”.
- Enter the semester, then the course #, for example, “CAS WS 114,” or browse by subject.
- Click on “GO.” You will see a list of course numbers and times; click on the course number to have the description pop up.
Changes to your Class Schedule (Adding/Dropping Classes)
If you wish to change your schedule by adding or dropping a class you have registered for, you must do so by contacting the Evergreen Office only. To add or drop a course after your initial registration, you must print and complete an Add/Drop form.
You may search for faculty and departments names in the BU Directory. To reach the University operator, call 617-353-2000.