Language Link Leader
LANGUAGE LINK LEADER
What is Language Link?
The ERC’s Language Link program provides BU students, faculty, staff, and alumni the opportunity to enhance their foreign language skills in small, informal, conversation circles facilitated by native speakers. Through discussions on a wide variety of topics, participants expand their knowledge of other cultures, increase their vocabulary, and improve their pronunciation. The goal is to have fun while increasing speakers’ confidence in their non-native languages, whether for coursework or personal enrichment, or in preparation for study abroad. Additionally, as a Language Link Leader, you will gain leadership, teaching, and mentoring skills.
We are currently hiring for Korean for the Spring 2023 semester. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Federal work study is accepted for these positions, but it is not required.
- Be native speakers of the language they wish to facilitate
- Be current BU undergraduate or graduate students in good academic, financial, and judicial standing with the university, as verified by the ERC
- Be available to work in person, on campus
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Commit to working up to 4-6 hours/week during the spring semester
- Commit to familiarizing themselves with the ERC’s services and providing appropriate referrals for students experiencing academic difficulty
- Commit to attending a mandatory Language Link New-Hire Training
- Commit to attending one all-staff meeting for Language Link and Let’s Speak staff during the semester
- Commit to attending an end of semester meeting with an ERC staff member
- Fostering a welcoming, inclusive conversational environment for all Language Link participants
- Maintaining accurate attendance records in TutorTrac
- Maintaining professional and timely correspondence with ERC staff and Language Link participants
- Providing suggestions on content to include in the newsletter for the Language of the Month Initiative
- Facilitating sessions for our Let’s Speak partnership with Global House
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT
Sessions will run from the beginning of the semester through the last day of classes.