Para ver esta página en español, haga clic aquí.
Para ver esta página em português, clique aqui.
Pou gade paj la an Kreyòl Ayisyen, klike isit la.
Thank you for contacting the Equal Opportunity Office regarding your request for reasonable accommodation. Please review the following reminders prior to submitting your request.
- The jurisdiction of the EOO to administer reasonable accommodations is limited to qualifying disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The ADA defines an “individual with a disability” as a person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, has a record of such an impairment, or is regarded as having such an impairment. Reasonable accommodation is a modification or an adjustment to a job or the work environment that will enable a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to participate in the application process or to perform the essential functions of their position.
- Determination of reasonable accommodation is administered through a process known as ‘the interactive dialogue.’ The employee must enter into this interactive dialogue willfully and engage in a good-faith process.
- The EOO will need to receive supporting medical documentation in order to review any request for reasonable accommodation. Upon submission of a request, we will email you the required form. You can also access the form ahead of time here: Request for Medical Information for ADA Accommodation.
- If your requested accommodation is continuous or intermittent medical leave only, please contact Matrix Absence Management. Matrix Absence Management manages all paid leaves for BU Human Resources. Please use this link: How to Access Benefits for the information you need. If you have questions regarding leaves, contact the HR Service Center at email@example.com or 617-353-2380. Only if you have exhausted your PFML/FMLA or are ineligible for PFML/FMLA, then you may seek medical leave as an accommodation.
- Questions or concerns related to job performance or employee benefits (ie. use of sick or vacation time) should be directed to your HR Business Partner or contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To continue submitting your request for reasonable accommodation, please click here.