AI in Healthcare: Mitigating Disparities, Biases & Misinformation (Hybrid Symposium)
- Starts: 10:00 am on Monday, October 18, 2021
- Ends: 4:30 pm on Monday, October 18, 2021
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and social media are finding useful applications in health care, yet, their use may perpetuate or even accentuate inequities, disparities, and the critical role of social determinants of health, or even facilitate the spread of health-related misinformation. The symposium will convene AI experts, medical researchers and practitioners, and computer and social scientists. The objective is to seek consensus and synthesize ideas coming from different vantage points on how to (1) approach algorithmic or data biases and develop methods to mitigate them, (2) develop a framework to leverage AI as part of a learning, continually improving health systems, and (3) grapple with the increasing influence of social media in the public perception of health issues, especially their role in spreading misinformation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This is a hybrid event - participants will register for either the in-person event at the Boston University campus or a virtual event on Zoom.
- Learn more and register in advance on Eventbrite.
- Contact Organization:
- Hariri Institute for Computing
- Contact Name:
- Gina Mantica
- Contact Phone: