Student Advisor Application for EK 100
We are thrilled to learn of your interest in becoming a Student Advisor for EK 100, the Engineering Freshmen Seminar! SAs are key components to the success of this program, leading community-building exercises with a group of freshmen engineering students. SAs can be sophomores, juniors, or seniors enrolled full-time in the College of Engineering. Engineering Student Advisors are supervised by the freshmen academic counselors in the College of Engineering Undergraduate Programs Office, who will also insure a comprehensive Student Advisor training.
Application Process to be an EK 100 SA in Fall 2023
- Applications will be due Friday, February 17, 2023.
- Applicants will be asked to sign-up for a one-hour group interview. These will take place in late February through early March.
- Decisions will be made in mid-March 2023. You will be contacted via e-mail.
Student Advisor Requirements
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a minimum GPI of 2.5 in the Spring 2023 semester.
- SAs will be provided with a list of their advisees at the end of August 2023, and will be expected to write to their advisees at that time.
- SAs will participate in training in late August/early September. SAs will also be expected to assist in school opening events. Specific details will be provided at a mandatory meeting during the last week of classes in the Spring semester.
- SAs will participate in Orientation programs for new students including August Orientation for Freshmen and Transfer Students and the College of Engineering Dean’s Welcome.
- SAs will participate in the ENG EK 100: Freshmen Advising Seminar, taking place weekly on Fridays, 3:35-4:25pm throughout the Fall semester. Attendance at all sessions is mandatory.
- SAs will advise and assist their advisees throughout the course of the academic year.
- SAs will assist the freshmen academic counselors to meet the needs of the incoming freshmen.