Students coming straight from an MS degree to our PhD program must take the specified courses listed below along with research credits to meet the 32 credit minimum total for graduation.
- BE 605: Molecular Bioengineering
- BE 606: Quantitative Physiology for Engineers
- BE 790: Biomedical Engineering Seminar
- BE 791: BME PhD Laboratory Rotation System
- BE 792: Literature Review
- BE 801 and BE 802: Teaching Practicum I and II
- Math course selected from approved list
- Two graduate-level technical electives (at least one BE)
- Research credits (minimum of 4)
In addition to credit requirements, each student must:
- successfully pass the oral qualifier exam
- successfully propose and defend an original body of dissertation work
Application and Deadlines
Applicants to the BME PhD program for Fall 2021 are not required to submit GRE scores. However, these scores may be submitted if available, as they may be helpful for evaluating your application. See our Application Requirements for details.
For additional information, please contact Christen L. Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org).