Heat Advisory: 7/27/23
The National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory for the Boston area beginning Thursday, July 27- Friday, July 28. Heat temperatures for the two days will be in the 90s with high humidity making it feel even warmer.
Boston University will open cooling centers Thursday – Friday for students and the BU community seeking relief from the heat at the following locations.
Cooling Center Locations and Hours of Operation:
- George Sherman Union (GSU), 775 Commonwealth Ave., will be open Thursday-Friday, 6am – 11pm.
- Rajen Kilachand Center for Integrated Life Sciences and Engineering (CILSE), 610 Commonwealth Ave., will be open Thursday-Friday, 6pm – 10pm; Available space is on the first floor only.
- Howard Thurman Center Lobby, 808 Commonwealth Ave., will be open Thursday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
- Questrom School of Business Lobby, 595 Commonwealth Ave., will be open Thursday, 7am -10pm and Friday 7am – 7pm.
- Center for Computing & Data Sciences, 665 Commonwealth Ave., will be open Thursday – Friday, 7am – 10pm.
BU students, faculty and staff are reminded to take precautions against heat-related illness or injuries. Physical activities or outside work should be limited between 10 am and 3 pm and/or when the temperature exceeds 90 degrees. Drink plenty of fluids. Please visit the campus map of bottle filling stations. When outside remember to seek out shaded areas, wear clothing that is light-colored and loose fitting and apply sunscreen.
Students, faculty, or staff who are on campus and believe they may be experiencing a heat-related illness on the Charles River Campus should call BUPD at 617-353-2121 and 617-358-4444 on the Medical Campus; off campus should call 911.