The following message from Kelly Nee, Chief of Police for the Boston...
Work for us this spring!
Want to work for our office? We have positions available for the Spring 2019 semester! Join our team, which works both the Dean’s office and the GSU Operations desk. You will get to learn so much about BU and meet great people who can help you with your personal and professional goals.
Learn more via the job description below. You may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Dean of Students Office proudly hires a student employee team that works towards the mission to help enhance the character, quality, and perspective of all BU students. As the welcoming unit for the George Sherman Union, they promote community within their building and across the larger BU campus between students, faculty, staff, and families. The DOS student employees also support full-time administration within the Dean of Students Office while building their communication and professional skills.
- Understand, effectively communicate and model the expectations of the Dean of Students team
- Serve as liaisons between departments (e.g. Facilities, Orientation, Events and Conferences, etc.) and the DOS team to improve the GSU community
- Support visitors, students and families in our offices, and effectively troubleshoot issues that may arise
- Support the daily activities of the Dean of Students offices (e.g. mail, answering phones, special projects)
- Support Division of Student Life events including Friends and Family Weekend
- Continuously communicate successes, challenges, and actionable solutions to DOS leadership
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT
Spring 2019: January 22, 2019 until May 11, 2019
Students have the option to work over Winter and Spring Breaks as well as re-apply to join the DOS Summer 2019 Team.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Students wishing to work on the DOS staff should have some availability within the following hours:
Monday – Friday: 8am – 10pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10am – 10pm
Dean of Students staff is considered essential personnel and are expected to work snow days. The office will be closed on all University-observed holidays.
Starting Rate: $11.25 per hour
Earnings are subject to federal and Massachusetts state income taxes. Work Study is preferred, but not required for this position.
Any questions about this position may be directed to Jennifer Jaroslavsky and Jordanne Miller, the DOS Graduate Assistants, either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617-353-4126.