Return to Campus Checklist (Students and Residents)
As we begin to transition back to campus, our priority remains providing a safe environment for our students and residents.
The checklist below outlines your responsibilities as a member of the GSDM community. Please note that the checklist is based on Boston University and local, state and federal public health requirements and guidance, and is subject to change.
- If you are coming into Massachusetts from one of the other 49 states, you are required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon your arrival in Massachusetts, even if you do not feel ill.
- If you are coming into Massachusetts from outside the United States including any US territory, you are required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon your arrival in Massachusetts AND MUST ALSO message Student Health Services (via Patient Connect) at the beginning and at the end of your 14 day self-quarantine period
- Review COVID-19 Information on the Student Health Services website
- Review Guidelines for COVID-19 Exposures and when you might need to quarantine or isolate yourself.
- Monitor yourself for symptoms– and if you experience any of the following symptoms, do not return to campus or attend any classes. (Check here for most up to date symptom list from the CDC.)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea; redness and/or rashes on toes
- Known close contact* with a person who has tested positive or with a person under investigation for COVID-19
*Close contact is defined as contact with a person within 6 feet for 15 minutes or longer, a member of the same household, an intimate partner and/or a caregiver
- Wear a cloth mask/face covering at all timeswhen on the medical campus and when traveling to and from your residence.
- Participate in daily screening in the screening trailer located outside the school’s East Newton Street entrance when you arrive to campus each day. You must complete the COVID-19 Screening Form daily prior to completing screening process. (Form can also be found on the GoGoldman app within any of the three guides.)
- Maintain physical distancing by staying at least 6 feet apart (about two arms’ length) from other people in all common areas and office spaces.
- Follow and maintain proper PPE guidelines and infection controlat all times in the patient treatment centers and simulation learning center.
- Abide by all posted signage, including entrances, exits and directional signage.
- Practice proper handwashing techniques and wash/disinfect your hands frequently.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when visibly soiled, before eating, and after using the restroom.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with greater than 60% ethanol, or 70% isopropanol in healthcare settings, or when soap and water are not available.