GSDM Admissions COVID-19 Statement to Applicants
COVID-19 introduced complications into the application process. The Admissions Committee of Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (GSDM) will consider these unusual circumstances when reviewing applications. GSDM conducts a holistic application review, meaning that we evaluate all elements of the application for admission.
GSDM Admissions will be flexible when reviewing applications. We are aware that:
- 2020 academic records may reflect online courses, atypical withdrawals or incomplete courses, mandated pass/fail grading, or delayed graduation.
- Testing center closures and limited occupancy test administration following reopening delayed access to standardized tests.
- Letters of evaluation, transcripts and other academic documents may be delayed.
- Dental shadowing and professional experiences opportunities have been restricted.
- Research, employment, extra-curricular activities and community involvement have been restricted.
Boston University GSDM Admissions conducts a holistic application review and will be flexible in consideration of COVID-19 related limitations. Applicants may detail COVID-19 related concerns in the ADEA AADSAS, CAAPID or PASS application.
Admissions interviews will be conducted remotely via Zoom during the 2020-2021 cycle.