GSDM Admissions COVID-19 Statement to Applicants
COVID-19 introduced complications into the application process. The Admissions Committee of Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (GSDM) will consider these unusual circumstances when reviewing applications. GSDM conducts a holistic application review, meaning that we evaluate all elements of the application for admission.
GSDM Admissions will be flexible when reviewing applications. We are aware that:
- 2020 academic records may reflect online courses, atypical withdrawals or incomplete courses, mandated pass/fail grading, or delayed graduation.
- Dental shadowing and professional experiences opportunities have been restricted.
- Research, employment, extra-curricular activities and community involvement have been restricted.
Boston University GSDM Admissions conducts a holistic application review and will be flexible in consideration of COVID-19 related limitations. Applicants may detail COVID-19 related concerns in the ADEA AADSAS, CAAPID or PASS application.
- DMD and DMD Advanced Standing admissions interviews will be conducted remotely via Zoom during the 2021-2022 cycle.
- Postdoctoral program interview arrangements are managed by the relevant program department; department administrators will provide information when contacting selected applicants.
Visits are restricted, in accordance with the Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (GSDM) Visitor Policy and subsequent updates.