Updating Personal Information

Personal Information How to Update
Name For Domestic Students, please fill out the Name Change Form. You may fax or scan and email this form to (617)358-2171 or registrar@bu.edu, along with appropriate documentation (such as a driver’s license, marriage certificate, or legal name change form.) For International Students, please contact the International Students and Scholars Office for assistance. They can be reached at (617)353-3565 or isso@bu.edu.
Address and Phone Number Students must notify the University of any changes in local or home address. To ensure that you receive official information in a timely manner, go to the MyBU Student Portal and make sure that your addresses and phone numbers are accurate.
BU Alert Number Please select “Update Personal Information” under the Quick Links section of the MyBU Student Portal. It is important that you select the ‘Update’ option once you have adjusted your contact information, even if the information that’s provided on the page is correct.
Directory Information You can restrict the disclosure of Directory Information via the MyBU Student Portal. Visit the University Registrar’s FERPA page for more information.