Clinical Research Informatics and Technology Consultation (CRITC) Service
The Office of Clinical Research (OCR) and CTSI now offer the Clinical Research Informatics and Technology Consultation (CRITC) service for BU/BMC researchers to assist them with use of information technology and informatics to facilitate clinical studies. The Director of this new service, Christopher Shanahan, MD, MPH, is faculty lead for BU Profiles and CTSI Research Networking for BUMC and provides free CRITC consultations and short-term services. Extensive consultations are available for a nominal hourly fee. Contact Dr. Shanahan at email@example.com.
The CRITC service provides consultation and expert assistance with the following:
- Development and use of medical information technology and clinical informatics for clinical research studies. Project examples include:
- A chronic disease registry for research
- Development of chronic disease registries for research
- A patient education kiosk for patients in a clinic waiting room
- A project to create and study of a mobile application to improve care
- A project to create and study of a bedside clinical technology
- Assistance with choosing available CTSI online research software tools
Visit the BMC Research Clinical Data Warehouse (CDW) website for information on using the CDW to access clinical data for research.