Adobe Catalyst Program: Teaching with Adobe Creative Cloud
Boston University adopted Adobe Creative Cloud in the Spring of 2018 and the software is now available to a large portion of the BU Community at little or no cost. Adobe Creative Cloud software provides a unified platform to edit professional video and audio, process digital images, create single and multi-page printed layouts, render 3D objects, and much more. To get a license, check your eligibility, and learn more: please visit the Adobe Creative Cloud page on the IS&T Tech Web.
The Center for Teaching & Learning’s Adobe Catalyst Program, with the support of Digital Learning & Innovation (DL&I), brings faculty together to help them become more comfortable using this powerful software tool in the classroom. The Adobe Catalyst program supports a growing set of Adobe resources at BU, including the DL&I Digital Multimedia Common.
Professor Charles Merzbacher – Digital/Multimedia Expression in the BU Hub
and the Adobe Creative Cloud
The Adobe Catalyst Program brings faculty together to explore teaching and learning opportunities with the software. In addition to learning how to use some of the tools, we will discuss such questions as:
- How can I help students learn by creating digital videos, podcasts, and images?
- What can the Adobe Creative Cloud suite help me and my students do?
- How can I teach students this powerful software suite if I don’t know it all myself?
- In what ways are faculty at BU specifically using Adobe Creative Cloud?
- How can Adobe Creative Cloud help me with digital assignments and grading?
Apply to the Program — participate virtually!
Applications are open to full-time and part-time undergraduate faculty at Boston University. Interested faculty are encouraged to apply as either a catalyst or mentee.
Catalysts – Faculty who are experienced users of Adobe Creative Cloud tools and who can advise on tools and guide mentees through the process of developing projects are invited to apply to be a Catalyst.
Mentees – Instructors who have some experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software and who would like to learn more about the tools and develop a project that connects with their teaching are invited to apply to as a mentee.
Catalysts will be awarded a $1,500 award to be granted as professional development funds or a one-time taxable stipend in addition to an ipad and Apple pencil in order to be able to explore and learn the mobile apps Adobe has to offer.
Mentees will be awarded a $1,000 award to be granted as professional development funds or a one-time taxable stipend in addition to an ipad and Apple pencil in order to be able to explore and learn the mobile apps Adobe has to offer.
- Attendance in four virtual program meetings: All meeting times will be determined in accordance with faculty’s schedules.
- Consistent communication between catalysts and mentees.
- Strong commitment to learning and implementing Adobe CC in the classroom
- Final showcase of project on CTL’s website
- Willingness to participate in follow-up surveys regarding implementation of Adobe tools in courses over the next two years
Application deadline is Monday, January 18th 2021 by 5pm. Please apply through the CTL’s Application Portal.
Program start date is first week of February, 2021.
Questions? Email Pary Fassihi, Assistant Director of CTL (email@example.com)