Campus Planning & Operations provides critical logistical and maintenance support for major events at Boston University. Commencement, for example, takes a year of planning and five months of hands-on preparation in partnership with Events & Conferences and every school and college to accommodate 25,000 attendees and dignitaries.
We also assist with a variety of departmental events, from meetings to receptions to retirement parties, throughout the year.
For assistance with small or internal events requiring minimal set-up:
- Faculty and staff should visit our request services page.
- Students should contact Student Activities or their Resident Assistant.
For larger events requiring major set-ups, room rental, and/or catering:
- Departments should contact Events & Conferences.
- Students should contact Student Activities.
For more information about major events supported by CPO, please contact:
- Alumni Weekend: Contact Development & Alumni Relations
- Commencement: Contact Events & Conferences
- Matriculation: Contact Events & Conferences
- Move-in and Move-out: Contact Residence Life
- Orientation: Contact Orientation
- Open House: Contact Undergraduate Admissions
- Parents Weekend: Contact Orientation
- Splash: Contact Student Activities
- University Holiday Party: Contact Human Resources