610 Beacon Street

Originally constructed in 1926 and opened as the Myles Standish Hotel, BU acquired the 185,000 sf building in 1949 and converted it into a dormitory to house 660 undergraduate students. Myles Annex, located at 632 Beacon Street, was built in 1920 and houses 93 undergraduates. The University acquired the 24,000 sf building in 1980. Working with Housing, Facilities is conducting an extensive assessment of the exterior of the building.

Lighted safety staging was installed surrounding Myles Standish Hall (610 Beacon Street) while repairs are being planned and made to the building’s exterior. The staging, which will serve as a protective measure for pedestrians, will remain until all permanent repairs are completed. The placement of the staging does not impact pedestrian traffic flow and all entrances and exits to the building are fully accessible. Campus Planning & Operations (CPO) is working with the offices of Housing and Residence Life to minimize the impact on residents.

Project Team

Project Management: Campus Planning & Operations and BU Housing