Kilachand Hall Phase 2 – Construction Update – 1/27/23
General Project Information
- Daily Work Hours from 7 am – 3 pm.
- The Traffic Management Plan for the project has been approved by the Boston Transportation Department and is in place.
- Relocated accessible parking spaces posted for use on 6/29 (in front of 81 and 83 Bay State Road).
- Jersey barrier site containment in place, pedestrian walkway also in place and operational. The city sidewalk in front of Kilachand Hall is permitted to be used as part of the construction site limits.
- Bike lane is fully functional in front of Kilachand Hall
BU parking spots directly behind Kilachand Hall on Back Street remain a “no parking zone”. This will continue for the duration of the project to maintain an adequate drive lane for local traffic on Back Street and allowing for the construction team to safely contain a work area North of the dormitory.
Construction on Saturday 1/28 (7 am – 3:30 pm)
- Titan Roofers will have a small crew onsite installing roof on southwest addition, level 9.
- Riggs laborers onsite for clean-up and support.
- Consigli – On site supervision.
During the week of January 30th
- Riggs masonry crew continuing with brick rebuild of level 8 façade, north elevation heading east.
- Badd Bros will be on site erecting steel in center area of level 9 renovation area as well as placing steel dunnage for existing chiller relocation on the southeast roof.
- Titan roofers onsite finishing roof install at southwest addition above new elevators and stair.
- Royal Steam Plumbing and Murphy Electric to continue with rough-in work on levels 1, 7, and 8.
- Mass Acoustics will be framing headers for curtainwall on level 9, working on exterior framing and sheathing at elevator penthouse on level 9, and continuing with sheetrock on levels 2 through 6 in renovated suite areas.
- Cogswell continuing with rough-in of fire protection system in renovated suite areas.
- Thyssenkrup Elevator mechanics onsite building out new elevators.
- Consigli/Riggs team onsite cleaning, site support, and supervision.